How to write your play
A play usually goes like this:
You will write a manuscript that will include:
1. characters - who are the people in the play?
2. setting - where and when is the play happening?
3. the dialogue - what are the characters saying/doing?
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- a play that shows what happens after two people bump into each other
- a play where a character is fighting two different voices in their head
- a play in which an important discussion takes place
- a play that happens on board of a ship
- a play where the main characters are gods
- a play in which the characters are actually toys
- a play that starts with the sentence: "I love you. At least, I think I do."
- a play about creating a play
- a play about an important issue you feel strongly about
- a play that ends with the line "I don't remember anyone asking for your opinion."
- a play that is set on another planet
- a play that is set in the depths of the ocean
- a play where the characters have to make an important decision
The play should be between 3-4 minutes long.