Present a profession
You pick a profession that interests you and that you want to know more about. It can be any profession you like, there are no limits. You are supposed to do two examinations:
· A power-point presentation.
· An oral presentation of your profession. Use your power point. You speak for about 3-5 minutes.
We will work with this project from week 3-8. During week 7-8 we will listen to all the presentations.
The purpose of this exercise is to get you to think about and get information about your future when it comes to different professions. But also to learn new concepts and terms in English which relate to working life and studies.
1. Pick a profession!
Start by thinking of WHY you choose that particurlarly profession. WHAT it is that seems exciting, funny, interesting?
2. What are your thoughts about the profession?
What education do you think is needed for the profession?
What are the tasks?
What about the work environment?
3. Answer these questions in your presentation:
- What is the title of your profession?
- What are the main tasks?
- Do you need any special education to work with this profession? Tell us about different programmes at senior high school and also if studies at a university is needed.
- What does the labor market look like right now?
- What does the future look like for this profession? (in about 10 years)
- How much is the average salary in the profession?
- In which countries can you work with this profession, is it global/local?
- Are there any risks with the profession?
- Did the profession fulfill your expectations?
You can use following to collect information: