We will work with this during week 13 and 14. It will serve as a bridge between our last theme - Life and Death - and the music project, where you'll be writing your own lyrics in English.
Hand in your analysis no later than Friday week 14.
See task description below:
In this assignment, you will choose a song. You may pick any song you like, as long as it has lyrics are about life and/or death and the lyrics are in English.
Use your headphones and listen to the song that you’ve chosen.
Write down the lyrics yourself or find the lyrics online and copy them. Having done that, take some time to think about, and answer, these questions about your song:
1) In your opinion, what is the song about? What makes this one a song about life and/or death?
Explain how you reached your conclusion.
2) How does the song make you feel? Why?
3) What about this song makes it, in your opinion, a good song? Motivate your answer!
4) Does this song make you think of something else? Can you compare or connect the song to another work of art that you know about (another song/text/film etc.)?
5) If a phrase is repeated, it is usually important. What lines are repeated in your text/lyrics? How do you interpret (tolkar) them?
If you have time, translate the text into Swedish. Don't use Google translate, the point is to get Swedish lyrics to your song.