English speaking countries - presentation
- Learn about one English speaking country that you choose from the list below.
- Create a document here in Classroom as your script.
- List your sources of information in the document in Classroom.
Here is an example if my country of choice was England:
NE.se: http://www.ne.se/s%C3%B6k/?t=uppslagsverk&s=l%C3%A5ng&q=engla (hämtad 20170420))
Utrikespolitiska institutet: Landguiden.se: http://www.landguiden.se/Lander/Europa/Storbritannien (hämtad 20170420)
British Council: https://learnenglish.britishcouncil.org/en/uk-culture (hämtad 20170420)
- Find out facts about the country and compare three of the following to conditions in Sweden.
- Make a presentation, either a Keynote and make your presentation live in the class or make a PowToon where you record your voice and your presentation.
- End your presentation with two to three questions that the class will have to answer.
Facts to compare
- Educational system
when do kids start school?
is school mandatory?
private schools or state/municipal schools
- Political system
How do they vote?
King/queen or president?
Independent/allied with other countries
- Geography and climate
Temperature the year around?
When is winter and summer?
What can you grow?
Hills, flatlands, rivers, lakes etc
What are the three most popular sports? Describe sports that are unknown to Swedish people.
- Society, how people live
How is their houses?
What is their standard of living?
- Time difference
Where is this country in relation to Sweden?
How many people?
Tribes, ethnical groups, different languages?
- Culture such as food and traditions
National holidays, what are they like?
What is the most common religion?
Are many religions present in this society?