We will watch the film The Hunger Games together in class.
You will then have one lesson to prepare the study questions. Answer the questions shortly on paper or your laptop and hand in to us.
After this we will divide the class in 4 and have a seminar about the film. It is important that you talk during the seminar since this will be a part of your grade.
1. Is Haymitch a good mentor to Katniss and Peeta? Explain.
2. In what ways does Katniss’s hunting experience prepare her for the Games, and in what ways does it fail to prepare her?
3. How does Katniss’s role in her family affect her behavior in the Games?
4. What is Katniss’s greatest strength in the Games, and what is her greatest weakness?
5. Science fiction often uses a futuristic setting to comment on the present day. What does The Hunger Games suggest about the present-day United States?
6. What role does debt play in the film?
7. Does Katniss truly begin wanting a relationship with Peeta, or is she playing a role to gain a strategic advantage? Explain.
8. Explain the conflict between the Capitol and the Districts.