Read the first 1/4 of the book and then think about the basic questions - and write the answers in your writing pads:
- What do you LIKE about the book?
- What do you find PUZZLING (hard to understand)?
Keep reading. When you have read half of the book:
- Pick out 10 useful/new words, write them down - learn them by heart and how to spell them. Make sentences.
- Think about the basic questions again - has anything changed? Make notes in your writing pad.
- Sit with one or two friends: tell them what your book is about and what you have written down so far.