In this activity you will investigate the physics involved in jumping of a swing. A video where your teacher is demonstrating the jump is avaliable online, but it is recommended that you try it out for yourself. Go find a swing!
There are several factors that have an impact on this. Your first task is to:
1. Create a drawing of the situation on the other side of the paper. In the drawing, lable as many things as possible affecting the jump.
2. Identify these things as physical variables like height etc.
3. Determine if the variables are independent or dependent..
4. Explain how changing each variable separately affects the outcome of the jump.
After this you have two choices
1. Design a computer program (excel) where you can determine the length of a trajectory , where angle, initial velocity and height are iniput variables.
2. Design a computer program that uses numerical approaches to investigate what angle gives the maximum distance for a defined problem. (The second option is a big challenge!)
|Nivå 1||Nivå 2||Nivå 3|